If we look at the calendar, we are technically in Spring! The winter weather is thawing out and the warmer temps are coming! It’s also time to take care of a few to-dos around and outside of your home:
- Clean your gutters. Improper drainage can cause water damage to your home. Check for loose and leaky gutters and ensure your downspouts are away from your home’s foundation.
- Inspect the roof. Visually inspect your roof, looking for warping, cracking or loose shingles/tiles. Examine the flashing around chimneys, skylights and vents.
- Check seals. Cold weather can cause seals around doors and windows to loosen, harden or crack. Inspect all seals inside and out and repair damage as needed.
- Service your home’s cooling system. Don’t get caught in the heat without air conditioning. Call your local professional to come out and service your cooling unit to keep it up and running.
- Vacuum behind refrigerator. One of the easiest ways to improve the efficiency of your refrigerator is to gently vacuum behind it. Doing this will ensure that enough air circulation and the coils are not running too hot.
- Clean your dryer vent. Dryer vents are the leading cause of fires. You’d be surprised the amount of lint build up that can gather inside a dryer vent.
Enjoy the days getting longer and getting caught up with some of these common household chores. Happy Spring!